Tunebidextrous

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:38:11 -0700

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Sorry for your injury. Take care.

Carl Meyer
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dave Bunch=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 1:45 PM
  Subject: Tunebidextrous

  Well, the tendonitis in the elbow is not going to get much better =
anytime soon, and the fall tuning season is about to kick in. After 16 =
years of tuning with my left arm (though I am right handed), the best =
solution seems to be learning to tune with the other arm. I've tried it =
on a few notes during tunings lately. Its awful! Worse that starting =
over learning to tune because my standards are high but the muscle =
coordination is not there yet. Very frustrating.

  Has anyone switched arms berfore? Any tips? What position of the lever =
is best for right handed tuning? This indeed a humbling experience.

  Dave Bunch