Under an hour tuning (was labor rates)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:50:34 EDT

In a message dated 03/08/01 5:45:43 PM, fordpiano@lycos.com writes:

<< http://www.boesendorfer.uk.com/piano_maintenance.htm >>
Phil;
 If the below is what you are speaking of...well even B'dorfer has a right to
be wrong.

"Concert tuning one of our recital pianos takes about six hours. After this
treatment it will remain in perfect pitch for a long time."
 I suppose we would need their definition of a long time huh?

" Even our most robust of performers has never caused the slightest loss of
pitch during a recital because each string and tuning pin has been stabilised
during tuning."
 I certainly hope that the glaze on this crock doesn't contain lead! :-)

 "A tuner who does a cheap job in an hour or so, may well leave the piano
sounding quite good, but in all probability it will deteriorate within a few
hours, days or weeks."
 No "cheap job" will last for long, perfect pitch wise, including their
expensive "six hour" one.
Jim Bryant (FL)