Baldwin...Biasco response

Dennis Benson dennisb@willmar.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 23:10:06 -0500

This is a response I recieved from BIASCO about the AP story on Baldwin's
woes.....

I am one of the owners of Biasco Piano Company and the Cincinnati
Enquirer unfortunately didn't report the situation with regard to Biasco
and Baldwin correctly.  The articles were based on arguments that
Baldwin's attorney was making to the judge on Monday.  Unfortunately,
the writer did not convey the entire story correctly and made it sound
as if Biasco couldn't pay Baldwin, when in reality, just like Deutsche,
we won't pay because we have pre-petition offset's with Baldwin that
relate to our acquisition of the retail division.  This is not unusual
in a bankruptcy situation and is actually a completely signed and agreed
to arrangement between Biasco Piano and Baldwin.  Biasco will be holding
an offset of $1,000,000 until the end of May 2002 pending on potential
credits that relate to our contracts.

Obviously this misrepresentation in the article and in your email
message can be very damaging to our company so I wanted to clarify the
situation with the facts and I hope you will pass this along as you did
the first message.

Thanks,
John Williams
Executive Vice President