Protek & Teflon

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 10:54:53 -0500

Hi Terry,
             Several comments, life is not black and white. It is OK to use
on brass pins that are really bad to get the worst of the mess off and is
quite quick.  Having said that I would finish off with a high grade metal
polish.   Brasso silver polish is far less abrasive than  the regular and
works well.
Now to plated pins.   I would not recommend steel wool, as it has a
tendency to tear the plating.
Good quality rebuilds.   Replace the pins. not very expensive and almost as
quick when you are set up, and have done a few.
 Finally I have made up a couple of tools that fit into a drill, that have
felt inserts.  I little metal pilish and i can clean up a set of tarnished
pins in a few mins.
Regards Roger