Gray Market Yamaha Anti-Gibberish

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 21:08:52 -0400

Ran across this one on the web. What a hoot! "acclimatize"? Hmmm, actually
in the dictionary. I wonder about their testing for moisture content - what
are they looking for? - to see if it needs watering? Anyway - happy
reading!.........................

Terry Farrell

http://www.pianohouse.ca/

You may have heard that Yamaha claims to have different manufacturing
specifications for new pianos pertaining to different climates, including
what they call "North American" climate.

This notice is to clarify as to what effect, if any, this may have on the
pianos we offer for sale:

Because pianos gradually acclimatize, the effect of manufacturing for a
certain climatic destination becomes irrelevant to used pianos.

There is no so called "North American" climate. We have a number of very
distinct climatic zones, e.g., Houston, Texas is hot and humid: Edmonton,
Alberta is cold and very dry in the winter, Vancouver, BC is cool and damp
and Santa Fe, NM is hot and dry.

Highly respected manufacturers like Kawai and Steinway do not claim to make
pianos for different climates. No one complains about the quality of these
pianos!

A number of dealers of new Yamaha pianos sell pre-owned pianos built by
other manufacturers. If what they claim about different climates is true one
would not expect them to sell these pianos!

All imported pianos sold by Piano House Burlington Inc. are completely
inspected and reconditioned. They are also tested for moisture content. All
our pre-owned pianos are accompanied by a 5-year warranty.

We feel that you, the customer, can benefit by being able to purchase
perfectly good pianos offered at a fraction of the cost of a similar but new
model. We invite you to bring in your own teacher or technician to inspect
our pianos.

We at The Piano House Burlington Inc. hope this letter will help you to make
your purchase decision easier based on the facts!