Question about tuning pins and strings

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 06:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I've seen this problem before, as I'm sure
many of this list has.

The most notorious example I can think of is a
run of Baldwin Hamiltons that had this difficulty
in the low to mid tenor region.

In the more mild cases, it's not really a
problem.  In some of the more severe cases, it
can make the affected strings very difficult to
get in tune to stay because once you have the one
in tune, you move it in trying to tune the one
crouded in against it.  I haven't found a good
way of doing it other than just keep going back
and forth between the affected strings until you
can live with the tuning.  At times, I would get
to the point where I'd "guess" where the other
pin would move when I tuned this one.  (Ya gotta
do what ya gotta do to get it done.)

Just my observation.

Brian T.

--- Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

...I have never had a problem with this
> in all my years of tuning.
>
> Any one else out there see this as a problem?
>
> Willem

=====
Brian Trout
Grand Restorations