Protek & Teflon

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:23:08 -0400

Gaffer's tape is NOT acceptable, it does leave residue behind.  It is intended
to be as strong as possible and often the backing is not as strong as the glue.
The object is only to silence the duplex not glue it down.

Gaffer's tape comes in all kinds of grades from the cheapest duct tape to real
high quality material all around.

Go with the stuff proved to be safe and effective.

I like the Silly Putty because it is reusable and I always have it in my case.

		Newton

Actually, a better choice of tape is called gaffer's tape.  It is used
all the time by stagehands because it doesn't make a mess.  It is
available through theater and lighting supply places.  I think that
perhaps the blue 3M painter's tape would be a good choice too.

Tom Armstrong
Salinas CA