square piano

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:03:33 -0500

square pianoThe "square" grand ceased production in the 1880's. I'm =
forwarding your message to the prestigious "Pianotech List" for comments =
from anyone more knowledgeable than myself.

Roy Ulrich
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Sophy=20
  To: ulrich@rangenet.com=20
  Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 8:59 PM
  Subject: square piano

  Hi,

  I found your site when I typed in "square piano" on my Earthlink =
search service.  I wondered if you might be able to shed some light on a =
puzzle of mine:  I bought a Mathushek "Spinet Grand" piano a few weeks =
ago at a local (Phoenix, AZ) piano shop, and from the serial number on =
the soundboard I was able to find out that the piano, a square, was =
manufactured in 1936--or so says Pierce's Piano Atlas.  But this seems =
strange to me, that a square piano was built in 1936.  Are you aware of =
such a thing?  I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to =
provide in making this matter clearer.  Thanks.

  Yours sincerely,
  Joseph Sophy=20