Under an hour tuning (was labor rates)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:36:18 EDT

Hippypno2nr@AOL.COM writes:

> I am located in a rural community called Sandridge, SC, USA. It's actually a
> Ridgeville mailing address. The Ridgeville post office covers a lot of
> ground, but they don't charge me extra for postage.

Nice point made. I wonder why the most obvious answer to Terry's question
about policies hasn't come up?  It's all market forces.  You can have your
"policy", talk too much and nickel and dime the customer too much and have no
business.  Or you can quote people a reasonable fee, perhaps leaving the deal
open ended, go there and do something constructive with their piano, spinets
and old uprights not withstanding, get some money for it and build your
business.

Only when you've been at it long enough that you don't need to work on that
basis anymore should you really even think you can operate like someone who
has.  My policy always has been to consider each client and circumstances
individually.  There is nothing which dictates I cannot so I prefer to keep
things that way.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin