Under an hour tuning

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:53:33 -0400

Tony,

Having different hourly rates based on where people live looks very
risky to me.  The ethics will almost certainly be called into question
if any country people find out they are being charged $20/hour more than
the town people.

If I have to travel 20-25 miles from home to tune a piano, yes, of
course I charge more than for pianos that are within 15 miles, but the
mileage charge is a separate item on the invoice.  The tuning charge
doesn't change based on location.  I have a very clear policy, I can
easily explain it, and it has never been a problem.

Regards, Clyde