travel costs

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 10:23:51 -0600

Hi Dave,

I believe out of town charges should reflect all of our costs. Travel time
charged at the usual labor rate, plus *all* car expenses (not just gas),
plus meals (a per diem), plus hotel and telephone charges, plus labor rate
for making those phone calls.

I will go anywhere to tune a piano on this basis, and be happy. Most if not
all tuners undervalue their time, and most if not all do not charge enough
for distances travelled.

My own distance charge kicks in at ten miles. It is NOT high enough. I
currently add 20 dollars to my in town fees. Part of the reason it is not
high enough is that I already charge more for out of town work than any of
my other competitors. I currently charge $150.00 out  of town--and the
competition is at $100.00