TALL tuner help

Mike and Jane Spalding mjbkspal@execpc.com
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:38:56 -0500

Wim,

Great idea!  I've been complaining that I need about 1/2" longer arms to =
reach the keys while standing, but it never occurred to me to take my =
shoes off. =20

thanks,

Mike

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 6:17 PM
  Subject: Re: TALL tuner help

  In a message dated 8/8/01 1:43:52 PM Central Daylight Time, =
doepke@fwi.com=20
  writes:=20

    I have thought of holding a dowel in my left hand when I stand to =
extend my=20
    reach to the keys and play the notes that way. ( I am right -handed =
)  Is=20
    this a good idea?  Do any of you other "tree-top tuners" have a =
similar=20
    problem?  How did you solve it?=20

  Holding a dowel, or two hammer shanks together helps. But the best way =
to=20
  reduce your height is to take off your shoes. It might not seem like =
much,=20
  but even a 1/2" might make a difference.=20

  Willem Blees  at 6' even=20