twilight zone

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 00:35:07 -0400

Susan,
    You do indeed need a firewall. The activity light is someone pinging your IP
address looking to see what info they can get about you from your wide open
computer. A product called Zonealarm is not only the best firewall available to
my knowledge it's also free. www.zonealarm.com should point you to a free
download which when installed will protect you just fine. Once this is installed
there is no need to shut off your modem anymore.

Greg

--
Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté