twilight zone

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 08:10:36 -0700

At 12:30 AM 08/09/2001 -0600, John Musselwhite wrote:
>To check to see if you need a firewall or if yours is working, go to
>http://www.grc.com  and look for "Shields Up!". You'll be surprised at how
>vulnerable your system is.

I did, thanks, and the initial results are encouraging. One frequently used
port (139) is in full stealth mode, and the others they checked are closed.
This doesn't mean my computer is invulnerable, but at least it isn't a lady
of easy virtue standing on the street corner.

I still will get a firewall. Someone just recommended Tiny Personal
Firewall, in case I have trouble with Zonealarm. Jon Page forwarded a flyer
for Zonealarm and Internet Cleanup which I'm going to investigate. Down
with spam and junk mail! Big Brother can watch someone else! Etc.

Thanks, everyone.

Susan