pedaling, peddling--OT

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:06:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/08/01 2:27:27 AM, tcole@cruzio.com writes:

<< "Language is not a high priority for everyone, so I try to
keep my "peddling" criticisms to myself.">>

Dear Sir Tom;
 You are quite correct in differentiating between pedaling and peddling. In
your use of "peddling" though you are using an arcane, archaic and thoroughly
strained sense of the etymological origins for the word. The word you
'probably' meant to use was <piddling> which has meanings such as "trifling"
"trivial" and "beneath consideration".
  We here at the International Piddiologicalers Foundation take great
interest in the proper useage of this historically significant word and
strive to keep it as pure as possible. In keeping with this philosophy we try
to make sure that the usage is correct in all public documents. In the future
Sir please do not use the term "piddle", or any of its derivatives, in an
unsuitable manner. In other words don't try soft 'pedaling' your way into
'peddling' improper usage of "piddle".

 Ve haf vays of punishment for such trifles as this...we can send you a
breeding pair of Triffles or better yet infect your doags ears with ringworm.
Of course when you would scratch behind her ear(s) and then later rub your
nose....... your proboscis would become infected with this delighful
malady....now how would you like going around with a red ring around your
nose??? Fair warning given and we sincerely hope taken.

Pedals Piffle, EO
Enforcement Section
International Piddiologicalers Foundation