Restoring old uprights

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:44:51 -0700 (PDT)

One thing I forgot to mention and a slight update to
this msg ---

Jobs for me are hard to come by.  I am currently
mowing a friend's lawn once a week for $10/week.  It's
not much but it's better than nothing. :)

I've been practicing tuning my piano quite a bit
lately -- btw I just tuned it 2 weeks ago Tuesday and
it's past due for another tuning.

What do you guys think would be a good idea for me to
start tuning pianos around my neighborhood?  I think
it'd be a good idea to have Lee Hintz (our local piano
tuner) check me out sometime on my tuning ability (for
example he comes to my home after I tune my Ricca &
Son or my mom's PG-150 and checks my work.

If I ever have the opportunity to get another piano to
practice tuning on (one that's more stable than my
Ricca & Son), what pianos do you think are good ones?
For example what do you think of the S&S K-52, Yamaha
U-all, Baldwin Hamilton?

Also, yesterday afternoon while I was playing probably
moderately hard -- maybe your interpretation would be
banging cause someone commented that i have a strong
handshake grip when i thought I was being fairly
gentle :) -- I broke the right Middle C / Left middle
C# string at the bridge on the Middle C side.  :)