Square Grand Rescale & Bass Strings

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:43:50 -0500

>I wonder if a similar benefit will be realized on the square. Any opinions?
>Will I be able to hear the difference a better set of bass strings may
>provide? If noticeable improvement is not likely, I may just save my $$ and
>get Brand X. Any general recommendations for overall tension on such a piano
>(i.e., should it be a low or high tension scale - I can't see loading the
>heck out of that flimsy floating soundboard)? Thanks for any input.
>
>Terry Farrell

Hi Terry,
I don't think I'd put expensive strings in a square. I doubt there'd be
much in the way of audible difference between the "Platinum Plus", and the
"Name on Request" strings on this non-piano shaped keyboarded object. For
overall tensions, I'd stay pretty close to what was there. You did record
what was there didn't you? Just kidding - you must have or you wouldn't
have had the speaking length and wire gage information you already posted.
Incidentally, the concern with tensions wouldn't be with the soundboard,
but with the plate. The abuse to the soundboard is more a bearing thing
than a tension thing.

Ron N