Ampico Piano Rolls

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:14:17 -0500

Typically these are most appreciated by collectors of
properly restored players who treasure them for their
originality.  Unfortunately time has taken it's toll on
music rolls and the paper tends to get very brittle and
tears.  $2.00 to $3.00 is reality, $8.00 to $10.00 if you
are a total sucker on e-bay.  The old rolls are fun to have
and I cringe when I here of people discarding them.  I have
a sizable collection, much of which I have "rescued" from
the land fill, some are real favorites.  There are a number
of small companies and individuals who are producing re-cuts
of original rolls, so good untorn rolls are readily
available.

For more information on rolls and automatic music join the
Mechanical Music Digest list, (MMD).  You can join from the
PTG "lists" menu where pianotech is.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV