Beveled edge on bass bridge

Jon Page jon.page@verizon.net
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:57:05 -0400

At 07:33 PM 08/14/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>I am not an experienced woodworker, so forgive what will probably be a very
>basic question. I am somewhat of a dunce when it comes to this sort of
>thing, not having done it much growing up.
>
>I am working on recapping my first bass bridge (of a piano I bought for
>myself), and have attached the bridge cap to the body just fine, trimmed it
>flush with a router, etc., etc.  So far, so good. I am having trouble with
>making a beveled edge on this curved bridge.

Scribe your pin line, mark your holes, punch and drill. rough file the bevel
with a wood rasp and finish with a finer file, then sand. Install bridge pins.

The reason for drilling the pin holes first is to have a good surface for
the bit
to enter without drifting drastically. Then you can finesse the bevel to
the center of the holes.

Don't worry, it's easier than you think,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jon.page@verizon.net
http://www.stanwoodpiano.com