just like a ringing them bells

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:53:35 -0500

Wow, cool piano!  Too bad it is in such bad shape.  In
general I would recommend burning such a piano, however the
bell feature tells me that this is a very rare bird and
should have some significant collector value, easily
justifying a complete and proper restoration.

I am not familiar with the brand, it sounds pretty obscure.
It does sound a lot like a "Wing & Son" however.  Wing used
to have a lot of "noise maker" features and the pianos
themselves were of excellent quality.  Most Wings had
several extra pedals to activate/engage the other
mechanisms.  I've come across only two of them, one that was
abused and then destroyed by an ignorant so-called "piana
rebildur" and the other one was here in town at another shop
owned by a dealer that recently cleaned out the place for
the first time in twenty years.  I asked them to save it and
I'd come back later and take it off their hands for them.  I
never heard or saw it again and that was a year ago.  I
suspect they dumped it but they may have realized they had
something sort of special and hid it again behind the heaps
of junk they didn't throw out.

Anyway, keep us updated, this sounds interesting.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV