plate reaction was Re: Pitch Raising to A440.......Or Not?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:54:26 -0500

>I have always considered sound board rise (or fall) to be the biggest
>factor in seasonal pitch changes

Everyone always has, as far as I know. But then we've thought the pitch
drop during a pitch raise was from soundboard deflection too until fairly
recently.

>, and bridge rise relative to the
>sound board must surely compound the effect.

Which is one of the factors that hasn't  usually been considered. I think
the increase in string path length across the bridge is more a factor than
has been considered too. I'll have to try to work out how to calculate the
change.

Ron N