Things go better with Coke?

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:38:44 -0700

   =20
    I had a call today from a Director of an "Art Institute". It would =
seem that some little genius had the lid up on a Yamaha U1, and managed =
to get a can of Coke spilled in there. He said that the dampers seem to =
stick when you first depress the pedal, and he wants me to come out and =
give him a quote for the job.
    What comes to mind in that the bass strings will probably have to be =
replaced, as the aspiring musician didn't say anything to anybody about =
the accident, and that was at the end of the school year, three months =
ago.  Also the dampers, and possibly quite a few hammers. Plus center =
pinning etc.
    I do not have any desire to under-bid on one of these, and I'm sure =
that many of you have seen the same thing happen. I just want to know =
how much work I could possibly be looking at, and any pit-falls to look =
out for while giving him a ball park figure.=20
    Your help and experience are greatly appreciated, and at least it's =
a new topic!

    Kevin Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com=20