plate reaction was Re: Pitch Raising to A440.......Or Not?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:41:48 EDT

In a message dated 20/08/01 9:35:44 PM, baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

<< How much deformation of the string at the pin, needs to take place to
inhibit rendering? >>

Hmmm............ I would think anything beyond the plastic/elastic limit of
the wire would inhibit rendering due to the angles involved. This is all swag
on my part but it makes sense to me that a wire bent around a pin will not
render as nicely as one which just runs straight past, yet touches, that same
pin. And when both bends are added in that makes 'smooth' rendering, of total
string length, all that much more iffy.

 I have yet to see a Wapin bridge in person but the principle I can
appreciate. Anything that makes a more solid termination (3 pin?)at the
bridge will perform better than a less solid termination (2 pin) on that same
bridge and this without consideration of any rendering factors. I am looking
forward to seeing/hearing my first Wapin...but then the Nossaman imperative
will have an effect as in ...'well how would this board/bridge sound without
the Wapin installation ?'.........
Jim Bryant (FL)