"belly bolt" alignment creates action problem

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:15:56 EDT

After reading some of the responses, I have to say that the ONLY solution to
this problem is one that the manufacturer suggests. I would even go as far as
to say that Young Chang should replace the piano, and send this one back to
the factory. Someone paying as much as they did for a supposedly high quality
instrument should expect it to be as perfect as possible, minor regulation
and voicing not withstanding. I don't think a problem like a belly bolt, or
horn bolt, being out of line would fall under the minor problem category. I
certainly would not recommend moving it or grinding it down to make it work.

Wim