Square grand jack springs

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:56:53 -0700

Hello All,
Several months ago, I was contacted by a tech. in regard to the availability
of spring stock to replace the existing jack springs in a square grand. At
the time, I had some in my stock, (junk pile), that would work for him.
Because he was quite a ways away, I gave him the olde stock number and
dimensions of the springs and the original company name to contact, etc. He
came up dry. According to all the sources he contacted, the spring stock was
no longer available. Being the stubborn person that I am, I have since been
persuing this to find something that will work on these old cranky critters,
known commonly as "Square Grands".
The short version is: I have found a source. But, it has to be special
ordered and is quite expensive, especially in small quantities.
So, having said all that, I am inquiring to find out if anyone out there is
in need of this spring stock and if so, how much would you need. The more I
need to order for you, the less it will cost.
Because there seems to be a renewed interest in these pianos(?), by the
general public, (and I attribute this to all the effort, on our part with
the "Piano 300" promotions), and a few more technicians, I am hoping that
there is a need and therefore I haven't wasted my time and energy on this
project. If any of you are interested, please contact me:
joegarrett@earthlink.net, and not clutter up the list with a lot of
inquiries for info, comments, etc. Looking forward to hearing from a few of
you braver souls.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.