centered on a tool

tonythetuner tonythetuner@ntlworld.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:33:26 +0100

Hi,
Yes, your missing pin sizes are available through Renner..(I say this =
because we have them in the UK too.....Renner that is!).

The other problem you might have is a mix of metric and imperial pin =
sizes. This may in part explain the irregular jumps.I was just trying to =
confirm this, by looking in an engineering materials book which I have =
now mislaid answering the phone.
However, if you have one of these, you will also be able to see that =
there are "prefered" sizes. There is greater production of these guages =
than others, so they are often cheaper........At this point it then =
depends what makers and suppliers are using.

No. 22 is about the smallest size here at 1.2mm or 0.0475 thou. So the =
most common size when recentering is about 24.5=3D1.4mm. I use center =
pins rolled under a file for reaming...one whole size down from the size =
being fitted. Final over size being determined by "what I reckon the =
butt will stand without being weakened or broken" and can on occasion be =
size 26=3D1.55mm or 0.061thou.

I seem to recall someone managing to post a table of wire sizes, so the =
archives might be worth a look.
Warm regards
Tony Court.

  ----- Original Message -----=20