Pitch Raising to A440.......Or Not?

Patrick Greene greeneguy63@mindspring.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:40:15 -0400

I did not get this message until today.  I am located in Knoxville
Tennessee.  I work a lot in rural areas where the people think that tuning a
piano once every 5 years is a lot.  As a consequence, I am seeing a lot of
old uprights with rusted strings.  I did not realize there was a way to
combat this.  Thank you very much for this information.
 I have been a lurker for a couple of years on pianotech and have thoroughly
enjoyed the many millions of posts <g>.  I have been busy trying to get my
BS in business and have not had the time to join PTG.  I fully intend to do
it, but feel a little worried that I would have a hard time passing the
exam.  It is not the tuning part that I am worried about.  It is the string
tying test.  I am terrible at replacing strings and/or tying them for that
matter, therefore I feel that I would not pass that part of the test.
But I really appreciate all the advice I have gotten on here the past two
years and hope that you guys don't think less of me because I am not an RPT
yet.

Thanks!
Patrick