Yamaha Butt Spring Cord

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:47:13 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: Yamaha Butt Spring Cord

> Friends,
>
> I've replaced maybe three sets of Yamaha corded flanges, and there are
quite a
> few other pianos that need the work if I could get the owners willing to
pay.  I
> must say the procedure mentioned here appeals to me.
>
> I am wondering if Titebond glue is easy to work with in this application.
> Doesn't the cord want to pop out of the slot when the glue is still wet,
> especially when gluing the second end?  Has anyone tried using some other
glue,
> maybe a thin type of contact cement, if anything like that exists?
>
> Regards, Clyde

 Clyde,
     I haven't had problems with the cord leaving the slot, and the glue
sets up fast enough  to not fail on the second pass . There's  certainly
nothing wrong with doing something else for 30 minutes to be real sure . As
for glue the titebond is reasonably quick and easy to apply, but  would be
interested in alternatives  from the list.
                Tom Driscoll
    `