Poor Technician Workmanship Question (kinda long)

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:56:56 -0500

> I'll have to agree with Bill B. on this one...it would be better to handle
>this quickly, quietly and completely rather than advertise/berate poor
>workmanship and let it slide without any action other than "venting".
>My view.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Hi Jim,
             Thank's for putting me right with the protocol.   The reason I
suggested Home Office, is that they would, or should know how to proceed.

Sweeping this type of thing quietly under the carpet, regardless of the
resolution, is not wholly acceptable in my book.  As a dealer I have so
many times, been the victim of this type of low quality work.   Since I
will not leave one of my customers holding the bag, I end up in making good
on the job.

We had a similar scenario within our Canadian Association last year.  1.
The individual is no longer a member.  2. The chapter made good on the
deficiencies to the customers satisfaction.   If individuals want to brag
about Craftsman status,  lets all make sure they walk the walk.    If every
thing is as stated, it hurts us all.
  Do we collectively want to be associated with this type of  person?   I
think not.    Should this type of practice have serious repercussions for
the perpetrator?   I think so.
  If poor quality ethics, and standards are dealt with fairly, but very
firmly and openly, it will be deterent to others, letting everyone know
this type of practice will not be tolerated.
  I feel quite strongly, this is just being fair to each other and the
consumer.   If we are to be professional leaders in this industry,  then we
have to be the consumer advocate when needed.  This may be the case this time.

Just my take on it.
Roger