Appearance

ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 09:02:20 EDT

       I think alot of the dress for tuning is common sense.I usually know in
advance what kind of situations I will be in and I dress accordingly.For the
most part my job takes me in to nice homes (400,000.00 or more)and I am
working on top end pianosllike Stienways Bostons and Kawais.I usually wear
dress slacks and a nice shirt and tie.The suit jacket is saved for special
occaisions,or if I am meeting an important client about purchaseing a new
piano.We are proffessionals and we should dress accordingly.I actually have
made some exceptions to my dress code.If I am on an all day action regulation
and I am familiar with the customer I will usuually dress comfortably
casual.I have an S+S tee shirt I where when I have a weekend concert tuning
for a rock and roll show or jazz event.I do that for recognition before I get
my backstage pass and also to fit in with the soundmen and stage and lighting
techs.I used to feel kind of square hanging around in a shirt and tie.I see
alot of the same techs around town and it doesn't hurt to have a good
relationship with sound techs.If they don't like you they can make your
tuning time hell.("Testing 1,2,3").
                                                                      Robin
Olson RPT   Wash.DC