Poor Technician Workmanship Question (kinda long)

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 08:49:50 -0500

Terry,

<<Just curious, are we supposed to report a clown like this to somebody at
PTG? This dude is an embarrassment to all members of PTG.>>

I don't know the bylaws and all that stuff, but unless reporting is
prohibited, I would let the president of the local chapter know. Our chapter
had a similar situation with an RPT in which work was billed for but not
performed. It was reported to the local chapter, and the chapter exerted
pressure on the tech by telling him to either do the work he billed for, or
lose his PTG membership in that chapter. He made it right.

Our chapter president has told me that PTG has the ability to enforce this
and that the customer has the local chapter as a recourse against shoddy
work.

This technician should either properly redo the work, or lose his
membership. (That is probably about all that PTG can do.) He has violated
the PTG Code of Ethics--anyone can read that on the back of the membership
card. This technician should not be allowed to use PTG's name and/or logo if
he continues to do poor work. If he is allowed, then PTG as a whole suffers.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com