computer question

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 01:53:16 -0400

Hello Diane.=20

Outlook Express behaves in very different ways, yes, it stores data in =
your drive but where it depends.=20

If you have not configured different users, then you will find the =
storage place at C:\Windows\application =
data\Identities\{A9984F16-2F9D-4EE1-9812-46334EB8FB46}(this number is =
different for each computer)\Microsoft\outlook express\

and your address book is at C:\Windows\application =
data\Microsoft\address book

If you want to keep them, you should back up the Identities folder, and =
the Microsoft folder. (for which you need a large back up media; ie zip =
drive, CD burner...) and when formatting the disk, after installing the =
new outlook you can import data from the backed up location.=20

If you have configured different users, the computer will make a new =
folder called "profiles" (also in windows) and inside will open separate =
profiles for each user and inside you will find the above folders under =
each user name.=20

I hope this helps you.=20

Any other question, just ask

Elian Degen