Solid Pianos

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 00:10:25 -0500

>. But
>you cannot connect with the inner spirit of the piano like you can with this
>Baldwin - and a few Steinways that I service.

The potential of islands of "worth" in the seas of abysmal mediocrity is
what makes it possible for us to get up in the morning and face one more
day of slogging through the morass of the lowest common denominator. Long
term survival imperative demands acquisition, assimilation, and
understanding of the quantifying factors involved, lest we be at the mercy
of the whim of the gods of serendipity, not to mention those of more
aberrant alternate realities. Been there, oh boy, and done that - didn't
much like it. Still don't, when I still find myself in the neighborhood
altogether too frequently. Be thankful - rejoice - that you are cursed
(possibly forever) with the capacity to tell the difference between a piano
in which "all the keys work", and one that PLAYS. It's a positive detriment.

Sort of.

>In light of recent posts on unbushed tuning pins, I should point out that
>this Baldwin does not have tuning pin bushings.

Don't even think it unless you have ammunition. A similar case can be made
for the relationship between the quality of sound and the size of the
casters if it comes to that. Then there's lid area.

>Am I having an acid flashback, or are some pianos like this???

Maybe ( I don't know where you've been), but they are, nonetheless.

Ron N