Hammer Boring Angle

Richard Brekne rbrekne@operamail.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:25:11 +0200

27.08.2001 21:30:27, Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net> wrote:

>Terry,
>    I have never seen an old Steinway upright with a 90 degree bore angle. It
>seems that if you were to "correct" this "error" you would then change the
>strike point demonstrably, no?

Well that in itself could be easily enough compensated for, one has bore length and shank height to fool with as well, but I remember
something about the shank having to be something short of pararell with the strings on impact or there was a problem with blubbering..
something like that.

Upright action geometry... too neglected by to many (me one of them) me thinks. A nice go round on the subject matter would be just
the thing ! :)

Richard Brekne
RPT, NPTF
Sydneskleiven 1