referall fees..slight detour

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:38:44 EDT

In a message dated 28/08/01 6:36:30 PM, tito@PhilBondi.com writes:

<< I would like to at least acknowledge to the tech who is

dying that I do appreciate the referrals..but..how would one approach this

in a dignified manner? >>

Well there are several ways that I would handle it...but first of all I would
not treat the gentleman as if he were dying ..he knows it and you know
it..... so just accept it.......once that is done the rest is easy.....Tell
him much you appreciate the referrals and let him know how it has helped your
business (if it has) and pass on remarks from his old customers, their well
wishes, good comments, prayers, etc.
 Also if there is a financial problem that you are aware of you might
consider taking/sending him a nice little check for a small percentage of his
refferred work at certain intervals................
In other words treat him like he is normal because he is.
My best wishes to him.......... and my admiration to you for worrying about
it.
Jim Bryant (FL)