Spurlock Damper Design

Dale R Fox foxpiano@juno.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:46:35 -0700

Terry

Concerning item #4.   Do not use spring rail felt under any
circumstances,  unless it is your desire to go back to that piano
periodically and reglue the dampers that have fallen off where the felt
has seperated.  I'd have to humbly disagree with the venerable Mr. Newt
on this one item.  The concept is correct,  use something pliable enough
to act as a universal joint.  Use something a bit more likely to stay
together.  Cloth works fine?

Dale