Grand Regulation Compromises

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:17:01 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Delacour" <JD@Pianomaker.co.uk>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 30, 2001 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: Grand Regulation Compromises

> At 2:06 PM -0800 11/30/01, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

Walter
> >and the new M&H. I've heard reports....
>
> ... what, that a certain Del Fandrich also had a hand in the design
> of the M&H ?!

Nope, not at all. They seem to be trying to reinvent 1890 or something and
some say they are doing better.

> I must say the two old M&H's I have rebuilt turned out
> to be fine instruments but I've no idea what they've been like
> recently.

It's my understanding they are trying to get the piano back reasonably close
to what it was back when. They are massively built instruments, in my
opinion a good old M&H had much better construction quality than most
anything else around, including S&S. It takes a large home to accomodate
one, though -- they are big pianos.

Del