Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 14:18:00 +0100

Robert Wilson wrote:

> I'm astonished by some of the replies here.  I think
> junk on the piano is one of the crosses we have to
> bear, as I've said before, you have to grit your teeth
> and put up with it.
>
> I wouldn't resort to sarcasm - I learned a long time
> ago, you never win an argument with a customer!
> at least you might win but you'd lose the customer
> (and you would never know how many more!)
>
> Bob Wilson
> London

Really ?? I win "arguments" all the time with my
customers... except they are not arguments. Insisting upon
certain  standards goes both ways... The customer has a
right to expect a professional and serious attidude from
pianotechnicians, and we in turn have a right to expect the
same from piano owners... to at least some degree.

Nearly every customer I have has  been greatfull to learn
more about how to care well for their piano, and respond
well to advices. Those who insist on wrecking their pianos
in a host of ways can call somebody else.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.