Grand Regulation Compromises

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 10:50:51 +1100

John D,

I think it is obvious from the discussion that has taken place so
far, that we both use very similar methods to arrive at hammer/key
ratio. Let's not get too bogged down in who did what and when, since
there are so many examples which do not conform to the norm in any
period that this to and fro discussion has become tedious. I don't
think there is any further benefit to be had by discussing the
figures further. I'm not trying to run away from anything here, it's
just that I don't see the point in arguing over a couple of different
examples half way across the planet.

While I am reasonably confident that the figures I've posted were
accurate, most of us are capable of making mistakes, so it is
possible that I may be wrong. I should divert my attention more to
what I'm up to now, rather than pouring over the history of what went
on a century ago.

Ron O.
--
Overs Pianos