Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 15:52:06 -0800 (PST)

> Really ?? I win "arguments" all the time with my
> customers... except they are not arguments.
> Insisting upon
> certain  standards goes both ways... The customer
> has a
> right to expect a professional and serious attidude
> from
> pianotechnicians, and we in turn have a right to
> expect the
> same from piano owners... to at least some degree.
>
> Nearly every customer I have has  been greatfull to
> learn
> more about how to care well for their piano, and
> respond
> well to advices. Those who insist on wrecking their
> pianos
> in a host of ways can call somebody else.

Yes, I might give that advice... in an unsactimonious
way, but I don't like to lecture customers,
I always felt that the only permissible burden for a
piano was a pile of music on the top - not the family
silver, portraits, Christmas trees etc., but people
will be people - and it is Christmas - let's be of
good cheer eh?

Bob Wilson,
London.