Prepping the Piano for the Tuner

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 16:06:06 -0800 (PST)

--- Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com> wrote:
> Bob,
>
> It has not been my experience that you just have to
> put up with it, at
> least not very often.  I think it's mostly in how
> you educate your
> clientele.  Most of them are not intentionally rude
> or lazy, probably
> just thoughtless.
>
> But I agree with your thoughts on sarcasm.  I can't
> think of any way it
> can ever be used beneficially when discussing
> differing points of view.
>
> Regards,
> Clyde

Maybe things are different over here.  It is only
occasionally that there is much to complain about in
this respect. On arrival I just wait whilst they
remove any offending items perhaps unpacking my bag
and exchanging pleasantries at the same time.

If necessary I will inform a customer but never
lecture or suggest what I have a right to expect!
Never talk down to a customer - at the end of the
appointment they write the cheque!  The customer may
not always be right - but he's always the customer!

Bob Wilson
London.