Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 01:41:45 +0100

Robert Wilson wrote:

> Yes, I might give that advice... in an unsactimonious
> way, but I don't like to lecture customers,
> I always felt that the only permissible burden for a
> piano was a pile of music on the top - not the family
> silver, portraits, Christmas trees etc., but people
> will be people - and it is Christmas - let's be of
> good cheer eh?

We probably aggree more then not.. I certainly aggree with
your previoius points about sarcasms and the one you make
above about lecturing.

But at some point people can show an obvious complete
disregard for their instruments. At that point I say simply,
and politely that they should contact someone else. I
suppose we all draw our own lines.  I guess I just got tired
of cleaning beer and puke out of what should be a reasonably
ok instrument at some point in history.... especially
knowing there are plenty of people out there who really do
actually care to take care, if you first care to care
yourself.

Course all that can be done with the greatest of Christmas
cheer mind you. :) so yes... by all means lets be of good
cheer ! Happy Christmas Bob.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.