Soundboard grain angle

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:48:02 EST

         Del

    Just for the record when any of us refer to grain angle in a soundboard
could we specify where it is we are measuring that from so all can be clear
as to intended meaning
     I.E. I always measure off the spine. What I have found 90% of time is
either a 45 or 40 degree of grain angle which is mostly perpendicular to the
ribs. Stwy models s,m,l,are all 45 degrees O's, A s Cs Bs  Ds are most all 40
degrees. I have had this problem when ordering boards and it can become
really annoying when the long awaiited boards show up with bizarre and
unusual configurations!!!!
    If your talking 60 degrees off the belly and not the spine that
translates into something close to 40 or 45 degrees measures off the spine if
I,m thinking straight.
   Would you mind clarifying
       Thanks --Dale