A Business Question

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 04:51:55 -0500

Tom, there is a God when I agree with Willem Blees word-for-word(Hi =
pal!)..actually, I will go him one better:

He, and Clyde, suggested having 2 checking accounts..and you really =
must..I have 3. Why? - 30% of my income goes into my 'tax' account' to =
pay Quarterly taxes, any Conference registrations, Insurances, =
surprises, etc. This account actually maintains a higher balance than my =
personal account, and I personally like that. I think of it as a =
Business/Personal safety net account. This was suggested by my =
accountant many years ago, and it wasn't until this year that I actually =
started doing it. I wish I would have started it many years ago.

If you're really good at accounting for the things that I have =
seperately in this account, then it is not necessary. The sad truth is =
most of us are not ready for the surprises, and that's what this account =
is set up to do.

I would also suggest getting yourself an accountant that is a CPA. It =
may cost you a little more to retain their services, but what that =
person will save you in money and agony is well worth the price.

Be a redundant recoed keeper and get yourself a good CPA. You'll be =
fine.

Phil