Cleaning Brass

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 06:56:54 -0800

Roger,
I've been using a metal polish called Flitz. This actually was =
recommended to me by the people at Yamaha, as they indicated there would =
be no adverse reaction with their finishes such as would be encountered =
when trying to polish up that Yamaha decal on the fallboard. Cleaning =
the pedals with Flitz is a snap, and since it is a paste there is no =
danger of dripping chemical all over  Mrs. Jones white rug. I've been =
polishing pedals as part of  vacuuming/cleaning service for years now =
and customers really appreciate that little extra service.
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 4:01 AM
  Subject: Re: Cleaning Brass

  Roger and list,

  Now that my tuning time keeps getting less, I keep looking at those =
tarnished
  pedals and thinking, "Wouldn't it be a nice little freebee to clean =
them
  up?".  I've wished for something clean, fast, and easy.

  Anyone already do this routinely?  What have you found to work best?  =
Tarn X
  sounds like it could be fast and easy, although it would have to be =
applied
  with a brush and could be messy.

  Regards,
  Clyde

  jolly roger wrote:

  > To All,
  >              Started to prepare for stringing a mouse infected =
Yamaha G2