A.B. Chase

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:17:04 EST

Hello Blain,

    I hope I got the spelling of your name right as I inadvertently
deleted you private post. So I am taking this way of trying to
answer your questions concerning the   A.B. Chase Piano.

    And I thank you for the compliment,  I have lived a long time
 in the real  world and I don't and won't  spin or  twist anything.

    Allen Braton Chase made outstanding pianos for many years.
As far as them being the poor mans Steinway, and if this is true,
it was only in price. The Chase used only the W.N.G. so it had
the better action as far as the sound it too was/is outstanding.
Durability is unquestioned. Far  far  from being one of the disposable
pianos that has flooded our market for the past thirty years.

    It is no wonder that his grands were of such high quality.
He employed one Walter Lane of  (Bush and Lane) in 189l
to design his grands. Lane worked for Chase over four years.

    The scale ' T ' a  6ft 1in grand is my favorite.  This is only
one of  the pianos that I have paid a premium for many many
years. They have never disappointed me after rebuilding.

     As a matter of information I do have all these things in a
rough form of a book. Dale Probst,  Del Fandrich,  Wally Brooks
and the likes,  has been on me like ugly on a duck to get it
published.  Now they are calling me names, bad names. I must
admit, however,  it is high time for this to be done.

Regards,
Jack Wyatt