Spraying aggraffes w/lacquer!

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:57:03 +0000

In message <a05100315b834673ede87@[195.147.209.84]>, John Delacour
<JD@Pianomaker.co.uk> writes

>Richard Gardner claims he's the only man in England with a stock of
>these.

Never come across this man  should I know him ?

>I'll tell you what I did last time.  I get some copper wire of a suitable
>thickness (I'm lucky because I have all the gauges for stringmaking)
>and pull it a turn and a bit round a drill or an awl. I then nip the wire
>with centre-pin cutters where it crosses so that I have a perfect circle.
>This I put between the flattening dies I use of strings (but two steel
>plates would do) and hammer the circle flat.  The copper is hardened
>by the impact and does just as good a job as brass, if not better.  You
>need to play about a bit to get the trick of ending up with the hole the
>right size, but it's easy enough, and you can make shims whatever
>thickness you need.

Quite an imaginative nice  little work around,  I do have a small stock
of copper wire which would do,  thanks for the offer I will keep it in
mind,
 I can get one of the guys at British Airospace make me some if I run
out, saves my messing about.   Also,    Fletchers have asked me to send
them a few so they can see if they can  make them,  but what amazed me
is that they did not know what they was at first,  as no one had asked
for them before, well in the last 15 years !

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/