Spraying aggraffes w/lacquer!

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 23:27:53 +0000

At 6:57 PM +0000 12/6/01, Barrie Heaton wrote:

>  >Richard Gardner claims he's the only man in England with a stock of
>>these.
>
>Never come across this man  should I know him ?

Contemporary of Bob Glazebrook way back at Steinways.  Went on his
own in Exeter years ago.  About the only man in England I ever phone
for advice.  Tells a good yarn and does a good piano  -- when he gets
round to it.

>Fletchers have asked me to send them a few so they can see if they
>can make them,  but what amazed me is that they did not know what
>they was at first,  as no one had asked for them before, well in the
>last 15 years !

I blame Mrs. Thatcher!  They must have done a roaring trade in them in the 60s.

JD