Piano Finishes

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:29:11 -0500

Hi Clarke -

One other thought worth considering, I think, is to check out the newer
brushable water-based finishes.  I have never brushed water-based
material myself ( I spray them) but a customer of mine just refinished
his upright using a finish he purchased at Rockler's Woodworking Store
and the results, especially for a first timer, were magnificent.  I
believe he said the finish was made by "General Finishes".  Worth a
look-see, I would think, because there is practically no fumes, quick
drying, good build, and can be formally rubbed out if desired.  Tinting
the finish can be accomplished with either water-based dyes, or using the
newer Transtint dyes.

A good low-tech, low VOC finish.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com