termites/moths/vermin?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:39:24 -0800

I forgot to mention that I found quite a few, what appear to be termite
"husks" imbedded in the treble flat dampers. i thought termites were
white-ish, but these are darker. I do think there were/are mice also dining
on this poor pianer! thanks for all the advice.

Still wondering if there's anything to spray on the felt & hammers as a
preventative...what about rubbing moth balls on them? So far I've had to
replace 6 hammers heads that were just too far gone..lucky I have a few sets
of standard bore that work fine. As for key leveling, regulation...for right
now the customer knows that there in for about $500 so far, which will
include a pitch raise & tuning, so any other work may have to wait. At least
it will be playable and in tune. This piano has not had much use, so the
regulation is within decent tolerances; at least for there needs. thanks!

Terry